Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pokégasming so hard right now XD

They are releasing Generation 5 in Japan this fall. And I want it so bad I can literally taste it!
They have amped up the gorgeous 3D graphics, it soooooo PRETTY!!!!
Go see for yourself^^, Pokémon Black and White *fangirling all over everywhere*XD XD
I have not been able to find out almost anything, except that it's gonna be for the normal DS console, and not for the 3DS. This is the first time ever they have released two generations for one console. And now don't you come here and wave first and second generation in my face, because the first were for the regular GameBoy, and the second were released in gorgeous full colour for the GameBoy Color.

Oh Em GEEEEEEE!!!!

Okey, breathe....

So I started to tally my collection again.
And I own 23 games. Which would seem a lot... Well, it IS a lot. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time and money on this little hobby of mine, but we need to look at the big picture here. I have been collecting since '98. And it's been a good 12 years^^, We do of course not talk about the Dark Ages. (Another name for the Dark Ages is of course the Teen Age Years. Which was when I went goth and became to "cool" for my biggest passion in the world. We do not talk about these years. Except to sulk about the humongous hole they caused to appear in my Pokémon collection='C )

I am missing 9 games. I have about 70% complete collection.
I am missing the entire 3rd generation (damn those Dark Ages. Most wasted years of my entire life. Puberty should be outlawed....). Which are 5 games.
And then I am missing Green. Which was only released in Japan. This makes it kinda hard to come by, but I am going to have it. I need it for my complete collection.
That completes the list of the main games that I miss. 6 games in total.

Then there is the spin-off games.
Of which I am missing:
Trading Card Game GB 2. Which was also a Japan Only release.
Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire
And Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (Which I can go out and buy whenever I feel like it. I would too, if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive in Norway=/)

9 games in total. Plus Black and White when they are released in Japan in the fall. That will make it 11.

I actually during the research for this blogpost (yah, I occasionally research my blogpostsXD) I actually managed to track down both of the Japan Only games to prices that I can afford. Without even having to skimp on almost anything. I can totally do without mushroom soup for a couple of months, and I buy no clothes or books almost at all already. (I have way too many book that I have not read yet anywhoXD)
So I am buying them for myself as a exam-gift for myself^^,
And before you go off about regional restrictions, it's not an issue. All handheld Nintendo consoles are regional-restriction free^^,

Oh em gee! I am so fangirling out over this!!!! Breathe.
Gonna go play SoulSilver now. You know, to tide me overXD



(And before anyone goes off about the ridiculous amounts of time and money I have put into this obsession, or want to ridicule me for having it in the first place I just want to say this:
It's the only hobby I have, and have ever been able to maintain interest in. They don't take up very much room, and unlike games like WOW I can put them away without missing out. I can go months without them if I have to. They are the only things I have that I will never get rid of except if I ever get extremely strapped for money, and then I will cry, probably for weeks on end. They are my childhood and they have gotten me through some of the darkest times in my life. Even during the Dark Ages I would sometimes sneak away and play Pokémon to calm myself down, and remember better days. They mean an incredible lot to me, and I don't think it's stupid or childish of me to want to complete this one collection. I would much rather collect these games than some other random thing. V collects bunnies and L collects cows. We collect things that mean something to us and that are special to us. I collect Pokémon. If you think it's childish or stupid or wasteful I simply do not want to hear it. Some people think that I am too old, and that I should grown out if it soon, and I think that is as stupid as expecting my mom to stop quilting. So yah. If you have anything to say except "yay! Pokémon! Cool!" I do not want to hear it. I am tired of being looked down at for this. So if you don't like it, you can just skip the Pokémon posts here on this blog, and you can hold your tongue, because I am simply not interested. I am a Pokémaniac, and I am damn proud of it!)

No comments: