Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday party^^,

We went to see An Education for my birthday. Almost all my friends were there, even my friend's boyfriends came=D Which was really awesome^^,
The absent friends were sorely missed, but coordinating 18 people to see a movie on a Thursday night is hard. Especially when I find out today that one of my friends have changed her number, and that I have been sending all the messages to a disconnected numberXP
So we went to see An Education, thou a few people short we still had an awesome time^^,

I got some presents, even thou I had told everyone we were not doing presents this year. But I felt really good about it, because it felt really like "we love you so you should have presents", not "you have recently turned 22, so we feel that we have to buy you something". And that was nice.

I got a Happy Birthday Hello Kitty chocolate bar, and 5 cupcake lipglosses, which I will totally have to post pictures of, from my gorgeous little sister^^, She is russ this year, which is a very Norwegian month of partying to celebrate the completion of senior high. It basically consists of being head over heels drunk for about a month. Which, because some politicians about 20 years ago tried to make the russ time be a little less about being drunk for a month, is the month right before exams. It culminates on the Norwegian national day.^^,
Norwegian national day is apparently are very different from other countries' national days. For some reason, most countries thinks that national days are about flaunting the awesome power of their superior armies. I can't for life of me understand why thou.
In Norway we have children's parades, and it's really happy and festive. It's a day when we celebrates how much we love our country, not a day where we go "oh em gee, we are so awesome, we would totally smash the entire world in a war". Why not take your nukes out and parade them around as a token of your awesomeness.
Sorry. Don't mean to rant. Totally not the point of this post^^,'

And then I got a pink plaid mini-dress (which I am going to wear a lot this summer, damned be cold weather! I will wear my birthday dress!!!^^,), and a pink bento box with printed bows on it, which matches a set of chopsticks I bought at the same time that I bought the heart-shaped maki mold that I wrote about a while back, and a Hello Kitty maki mold that works the same way as said heart-mold, from the Gachas staying abroad. Thank you M and IS.=D=D
Super fun!!!^^,

Anyway, we saw An Education.
It was so sweet, super sweet. I could see it again about 5 times the next month kind of sweet^^,
It's about a 16 year old girl and an older (possibly around 40, his age was never mentioned that I could hear) that falls in love. She is bored with school, bored with her boy, bored with life. He is exiting, he swirls her away, into a life of glamour and fun. Cue complications.
It's based on a true story.
Carey Mulligan plays the female lead, and she does it absolutely wonderfully. She has the same waif-like quality as Audrey Hepburn, and she has the same bubbling lively quality about her as Alexis Bledel. She can very easily become my favourite actor in the whole wide world.
To any and every film-anything, please use this actress! Make her the lead of EVERYTHING! Help her become a great actress!
I gotta find all her other movies tomorrow!

I bought the super duper mega giga sized popcorn, because, well, I wanted popcorn. And it was my birthday party, so I bought the humongous popcorn, and now I know what I am having for breakfast tomorrow. And lunch. And dinner. And supper. For a week. Just about^^,
Gonna go beddy bye now^^,

No comments: