Monday, August 4, 2008

Library bliss

I love libraries. All the books I want, for free. There's a time limit, but that can be extended, and I can always borrow whatever I didn't have time to read later.
I went a short trip to Outland today, and seeing all the wonderful books I could not afford to buy made me a little down. I had to return Becoming Madame Mao today, so I borrowed some new books. I borrowed I book I have wanted to read for a long time: Mao - the unknown story. A brick of a book, but I just know I will enjoy it. Partly because I am very fascinated with the story of China and the Chinese communism, but also because I discovered it is co-written by Jung Chang, the author of Wild Swans, which is one of my favorite books, and the book that got me interested in this particular part of Chinese history in the first place.
I also borrowed Tvillingene by Tessa de Loo. Mostly because the cover is cool, I am kinda visual in choosing what to readXP It has even happened I have borrowed a book just because of an amazing cover. I never (read rarely XP) buy book this way thou...XP
I have decided to get Wild Swans of the list (it's far down at the bottom) withing the week. I have to read 22 pages a day, which will be no problem.

I have downloaded a learning software called Anki. It is flashcard based and uses intelligent spacing of repetition for optimal learning. I am not sure how well it will work for me yet, so that stand to be seen^^, Just thought I'd tip all you learners out there^^,

Word of the day:
図書館 - toshokan - library

No comments: