Friday, August 1, 2008

Finally finished

I finally finished Becoming Madame Mao. I didn't like it, as you probably have already figured out. XP It was confusingly written, and not all that interesting. I knew the story from before, so there was no really big surprises, and most of the things that were new to me was written in such a way that it made me unsure that was how it happened. There was no speaking markers, so I was not always sure if somebody were talking or not, and the frequent changes of point of view made it all the more confusing. And I still think that many parts of the books have to made up, some of these the author just can't know. To some extent I can understand this, it was probably done to make the persons become real, but the book claims to be a biography of sorts and made up things has no place in biography.
But anywho I am finished now, and have already gone on to read better things^^,

I have removed two books from the list in addition to Becoming Madame Mao; NANA essentials, due to it containing spoilers, and being more a trivia book than anything else, and Watership Down, due to V wanting it back^^,

Word of the day:
書評 - shohyou - book review

No comments: