Friday, August 29, 2008

Princess Ai goodness

I should be reading the Mao biography, but I am so sick of it. It's a very good book and all, but I have to be done by Monday, and I have bit over 80 pages left. I don't want to stress read on Monday, so I am trying to be done by Sunday, which means I have to read 30 pages a day (I had a bit over 90 pages when I started today). I have been trying to cram in as much reading time as possible, but the thing is I am addicted to television. It's on all the time, and it's kind of distracting me from reading. I can do homework and blog and surf and pretty much everything with the stupefyingbox on, but I can't read, and if I turn it off it becomes eerily quiet, and if I put on music on Playground it becomes dark, and if I play music on the DVD player all the movement from the screen goes away, and yah, I'm addicted to TV. What I have been doing is reading to MTV (before noon when it actually plays music >.<) or VoiceTV, but then there is an interesting video or the commercial break comes all with all it's stupid, loud, distracting, annoying, obnoxious... *running out of adjectives* commercials that distract and annoy me. Another thing I have been doing is reading in the commercial breaks with the sound off. Anywho, I have too little time to read, and reading in the breaks at school, and on the bus just isn't enough. And I have to do my homework as well. So yah....
Light Princess Ai spoilers ahoy. Again, I am not able to make my point without revealing some of the content. Not much, but spoilers are spoilers so proceed with caution.


What I was going to say was: I should really finish off the Mao biography, but I really needed to read something purdy, so I have been reading Princess Ai today. I am a slow manga reader, so it took me a good 4 hours, after all what is the point of beautiful art if I'm not going to ogle it? I spent probably double the time drooling over Ai and Kent that I spent actually reading...>.<
Realm of spoilers end here^^,


I loved it either way thou. The art is to die for, Ai apperance shift subtly throughout the story to suit her mood, and the things going on. When she is happy and bouncy, she looks cartoonish and ditzy and when she is angry or serious there are much more detail and she looks fierce and dangerously beautiful. The story, thin thou it might be, is very well told. The use of suspence is put in the right places is just the right amount, it holds back without being tedious. The lyrics to the songs she sings are tantalizing, and I have got to find out if some has put music to those lyrics. And if they have, I need to have that album. The characters are faceted and evolves in just the right way.
It's a wonderfully executed movie on paper. And I hope they do make it a movie. I think Mana would be great as Ai. Yes I do know Mana is a man, and I do know he has this thing about not talking in public, but he looks just right, all mysterious and aloof and gorgeous. And he wears gothic lolita fashion already. But I have no idea if he can sing, which would be essential, and I honestly don't think he could be as ditzy and bouncy as Ai tends to be sometimes, and come to think of it he would probably be horrible in that role. But he would look amazing while being horrible>.<

姫 - hime - princess, young lady of noble birth

No comments: