Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Expensive schoolbooks

I have been shopping for schoolbooks today, and I am once again appalled by the prizes they charge for them. My math book cost 598kr. That is almost 600 for a book! They exploit the fact that we don't have a choice,we have to have these books, we don't have a choice, and the prizes totally undermine that senior high is supposed to be free and for everyone. I can get that if we were to borrow books from the school, like we do in elementary school and junior high, they can't update all that often, but I think they should charge no more than 300-400kr for a new book. Tops! I know I can buy used books, but my local bookstore, from which I usually buy my schoolbooks (used if I can find them) don't have books for my grade this year, because we can borrow from the school. Which I can get, but we were supposed to borrow them yesterday, and I didn't know which subjects I was taking yesterday.
I signed up for classes today. They had messed up and signed me up for the third year classes, but I took all of them last year, so I had to fix it. So this year I am taking German, English literature and culture, math, and social studies. I am looking forward to starting my classes^^,

Word of the day:
高い - takai - high, tall, expensive

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I hope I won't have to pay for that much when I reach university @___@