Monday, March 29, 2010

Why Acer SUCK!!!

Yeah, so I had to contact Acer personally. And to all tech support people out there: I know your job is hard and frustrating, and I respect you all majorly for actually doing it, but today I am no fan of tech support people.

So Acer spend a month fixing my computer, and then I get it back and it is still broken.
I contact Datakjeden where I bought it from, and get a darling named Jørn who helps me to the best of his abilities.
It's when I have to go to Acer themselves to get help that it stops.
First the guy I talk with tells me to redo a test I already have done, the very test that made Jørn tell me to call Acer to begin with.
When I fails at the same point, with the same error message (if someone could tell me what a LPCD.dat file is and what it does I would be eternally grateful), I call again. And get another guy who tells me to send the computer back to them.
I am was not nice to him. I am sorry tech support people, but I wasn't.

I told exactly how unimpressed I was with the fact that it took them a month to fix it in the first place, that I was planning on taking my computer to TG, and that I was perfectly capable of installing my own computer. I also told him that my exam is in two months, and that I would hold Acer personally responsible if I flunked.

He agreed to forward me to the recovery department which will send me a form which I will have to fill out and return to them in order for them to send me the recovery disks.
This will probably take a couple weeks, judging from their speed of doing this this far. So jah. NOT IMPRESSED.
I am going to hunt down some places for me to give Acer STINKING reviews now. They deserve it thoroughly.

No comments: