Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Almost right. Right enough. I love you too^^,

Belated Christmas and Valentine post.

Almost right. Right enough. I love you^^,

Things are hard sometimes, and over the last months I have been coming back to this comic over and over.
It makes me teary-eyed almost every time.
Love is important. And it's that the love is there that matters. Things are in the end just things, they are ephemeral, and unimportant. It's the love behind, the care that went into the gift, that is what matters.
Some people feel that how much money and/or time you put into a gift is an indicator of how much you love them. And that is so sad.
I feel that the best indicator for how much my friends love me is if they are ready to hear me out when I am sad, or give me a hug. It's more important to me that they actually show up my birthday party than if they bring a gift or not.

Over the last year I have come to the conclusion that not only do I have enough stuff, I have a little too much.
So for my birthday I want a hug. Or a smile. I don't want tons of things. I want to know that we will be friends and love each other for another year.

If I want things, I can save up money and buy them myself.
I'd rather you showed me you love me by simply loving me^^,

Yeah, I know that I am almost a month early, my birthday not happening before 8th of April.

And don't get me wrong, I love getting gifts. I become a little child, bouncing all over the place.
But the latter years I have come to feel suffocated by the demanding nature of Christmas and birthdays. The last three Christmases I have been on the verge of blowing Christmas off altogether, and just going away by myself and avoid the whole deal.
I start getting angst at the beginning of October, just because of the pressure of it all. And this last Christmas I crashed for real. It became to much.

So this is sort of a tentative beginning for me, taking the pressure of the holidays where gifts are involved.

I will never judge anyone's love for me by the things they wrap in shiny paper for me to open.
I would rather have a hug than a gift any day. And thou I really feel this way it's taking some discipline on my part to actually adapt my behaviour to this philosophy. Behaviour is after all, a very hard thing to change.

So, to everyone:
My gift this year is that you pay for your own cinema-ticket and your own dinner. That is all I want. I want you all to show up for my birthday party.=D

No comments: