Friday, March 12, 2010

What about today? Will there be pink sushi hearts today?

Yeah, I had a fit of Tinkerbell-has-to-sleep at the end of yesterday's postXP
And I do know I talked about pictures, but boyfriend is socializing and I have respect for other people's property, so they will have to come later.

So yeah. About the heart shaped maki cast.
It's like an onigiri cast, but it makes super long makis instead.
You know how you usually roll maki right? It's like that just that you press it into to shape first. (And Tinkerbell still can't explain thisXP)

Aaaaanywho. I'm bad at it. First you cast a little heart, and I got that part down really well, and then you cast the bottom part of the big heart. No, wait, first you dress the little heart in nori, and then you cast the bottom part of the big heart, then you very carefully place the little heart inside and then you fill the rest of the cast up with lots of rice and press as hard as you can. And then you take it out and roll the whole deal up in nori.

There are two problems with the progress. I have a tendency to ruin the little heart when I press the big one. It becomes all mashed out of shape, which is dead annoying. And then when I get to the dressing the whole deal in nori, the whole deal goes round.
But there's these red parts of the instructions, so I'm guessing I'm missing something important.
So I am currently translating those parts.
When what I should be doing is writing my compulsory linguistics lecture. (yeah, I have to stand up and speak in front of the class for 7 minutes. TT.TT)
Maybe I should that instead.

Yeah, one more thing before I end this post.
That bordering on inappropriate preteen remake of Toxic that I had to show you. That's a professional productions apparently. It was made for a Portuguese children's show. That's kind of twisted...O.o

Off to analysing graphs now TT.TT

Yeah, vocab section!
For the first time in over a year.

Maki - Rolled sushi
Nori - Dried sheets of edible seaweed used for eg. rolling maki or dressing onigiri

No comments: