Friday, March 26, 2010

Can I has Pokémans?

So I was gonna write about Alice in Wonderland, which I saw yesterday. Yeah. That's not gonna happen right this moment, it will have to be later, because today I did something I have not done in months.
I threw saving out the window and spent my birthday money in advance. I bought Heartgold and Soulsilver.
Yes, I am perfectly aware of the fact that I could have saved a buck-load of money by ordering them from the states, but I just could not wait. I have been practising very hard not to be all instant gratification, but apparently this does not apply to Pokémon games which I have been anxious awaiting for, I guess, for over a year now.
I have been super focused on not reading or watching for it at all, in fear that this exact thing would happen. It happened anyway.
The thing is I was meeting S at Strømmen Storsenter on Wednesday for some photographing for TG, and I did the error of walking past one of the two game stores the mall has, and outside there was a cardboard poster thingy, which showed Ho-oh and Lugia, in all their glory. I melted instantly. I rushed in to the store, all big eyed and giggly to find the boxes on the shelves. They had "pre-order now" stickers on them, and price-tags and they came with limited edition figurines.
When I got home, I started gushing more or less instantly and constantly. For two days, until Boyfriend offered to borrow me the money. And I deliberated for hours last night.
I finally decided to buy one now, and order the other from the states for a much cheaper rate.
But when I got there this morning (they were released today) I just could not decide, and I wanted the limited edition figurines (yeah, Pokémon figurines are not evol trinkets, they are limited edition, very rare Pokémon figurines currently on display on a shelf), so I caved to my desires and bought them both.
It is finally official, I am a Crazy Collector Lady.
Also I will be mostly unavailable for the next... Month? Depends on how long it's gonna take me to get to the mayor roadblock which is Goldenrod City. I swear that Miltank is pure evil. Or rather it's rollout attack is. It's the stuff nightmares are made out of. Some I am actually gonna be mainly unavailable until 8PM todayXP It's only the third gym after all. I am a Pokémaniac. You kned that. Don't look so shocked.

The fact that I bought them, does mean however, that I am not allowed to buy any DS games, or Nintendo games AT ALL, for a loooooooong time.


And now: What do I think about the games.
It's this simple: It is the single best generation EVER, in the best graphics to date, with lots of neat things from the later generations, and all the cool things (this far any way) from the actual original games. It's the best of everything, AND it comes with a Pokéwalker, which you can transfer ANY Pokémon at all to.
You can walk around with any Pokémon of your choosing. You know, the coolest feature from Yellow, the extra-game for first generation.

It's lovely. It's amazing. It's gorgeous. It's Pokémon at it's absolute BEST, and I have only gotten to Voilet City. I LOVE it to bits.

Oh, and don't buy it for my birthday seeing as I already have both. Sorry for any plans this has ruined. I just could not help myselfXP

There will be more gushing later

No comments: