Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sniffles...

I am home today with a cold TT.TT I hate colds. It's not too bad thou, it was worse yesterday. I was supposed to go have coffee with M but I just had to skip that. And I was supposed to go see Wall-E, which I think I will do, since it appears R already bought the tickets. I hope I will get well tomorrow *wipes runny nose*

I finally finished the Mao biography, and on time too. It is a well written biography, a bit dry at times, but what can one expect. I think it's a very important story, seeing as it's important to know the history of all the major countries. And lets face it, China is growing into just as important a country for the world economy as the US.
I think that this book should be read in combination with Jung Chang's other book "Wild Swans", because then you get both sides of the story: how it was to live in China under Mao, and why Mao made the decisions that threw his country into wave after wave of terror and hunger.

I bought a new collar for Rusket yesterday when I dragged my sick sorry self to the library to deliver the books I had borrowed. The last one I bought her had a felt lining that didn't agree with her at all, so I bought her a reflector collar with a nifty lock that will release on it's own if she gets caught in something. She never have, but better safe than sorry, right? I have absolutely no illusions that a car would be able to reflect anything on the collar when it's hid deep inside all that fur, but worth a try right?XD

I think I am going to try to get some work done. It's my body that's sick after all, not my brain. I have thus far finished a project for my economics class, and I think I will do some math now^^,

Oh! My lovely dad bought me a new mp3 player, isn't he just the nicest. It's got this cutest little animation with little dogs jumping all over the screen when I listen to music^^, I love my dad *hugles dad*

Word of the day:
吐き気 - hakike - nausea, sickness in the stomach

No comments: