Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bending Water

I don't often write about art. I never have I think, if I need to write about art I usually do so on DeviantArt, but this needed writing about.
Me and fiancé have had the 4 year anniversary for our engagement today. On our way to the train we walked over Tulinløkka, which is a parking lot placed between the national museum and the historical museum in Oslo, and on one of the wall there was this amazing projection on the wall. So me and fiancé went over to the artist and started to talk, it turned out they were doing a test run for this exhibition the are going to run on the wall from October 16th through December 30th. It is called Bending Water and the artist Sven Påhlsson have been working on the thing for two years solid, using the same weather models that NASA uses to predict storms and such.
You can read all about it here: the Norwegian National Museum of Art.
I hope that anyone who has the chance will go and take a look. It's free and I will probably go see it as often as I can, I got this serene feeling from it, like watching the rolling tides or those tubes of water with bubbles traveling up them, so if anyone needs company give me a heads up and we can go together^^,

While we are on the subject of art I would like you to check out this amazingly talented photographer: tiramcsr
I dare say I might be a little biased in liking her work, seeing as she's my baby sister, but she is very talented. And all her skill has been acquired in a year of media school, talk about fast learner ne? I particularly love this picture:
Clicking the picture will take you to the original on DeviantArt.
The model is my cat Tullerusk, and my sister tells me she modeled it very determinately, obviously enjoying the attention. She actually loves being photographed, and she knows all about showing of her best angles^^, My sister captured her gorgeously^^,
So go and take a look, and if you are registered you are very welcome to watch and comment^^,

Word of the day:
芸術家 - geijutsuka - artist

No comments: