Monday, February 1, 2010

The subject is called Language Acquisition? Time to break out the big words people!

Yeah, so Language Acquisition? Love the subject! Hate the textbooks.
I realize that it's academic books, and that they like to use academic words, but they are long and hard and make me feel stupid=(
I finally got my Constructing a Language by Tomasello in the mail on Friday.
And I have to back read three chapters, and read an entire new chapter for tomorrow (yeah, good luck with thatXP).
And I have read a bit over 10 pages of the 40 page chapter I should read for tomorrow, and I don't understand nearly any of it at all. It's all long words and complicated sentences. It's a really interesting subject, and the lecturer we have had so far is really good at making me understand all this hard stuff. I don't really get an idea of what's expected of me until we get our presentation assignments thou. (We have one compulsory assignment). But I am guessing I'll be fine.

No comments: