Sunday, February 28, 2010

No more Something Positive *sniffles*

So, what I like to do is find a webcomic that has been running for a couple of years, and thus have a great big archive, and then I read the entire archive.
So Something Positive have updated just about daily since since the middle of 2001 I think. And I just finished the archive.
I have been reading it for a couple of months now.
It starts out really dark and depressing, because the artist-writer was in a real bad life situation, but it get a lot better about a year in, and now he lives off of the comic.
What I really like about it, is that one shot-characters and some of the really unlikeable characters get lasting parts in series, and become human.
Like Mike, or Kharisma, both of which were really nasty characters in the beginning now are really great characters. Mike has even joined the main cast=D
And you get really sad when characters die or get written out, because you really care about them.
One of the things I really like, is that the characters age. Their timeline follows the actual year, and if you go back and look at old strips you can see the characters have gotten visibly older, which I guess must be a hard thing to do, since just about no one else does this.
So you should really go read it!

Something Positive can be found here

No comments: