Monday, August 31, 2009

Joss Whedon is pure evil!

Yes! Evol I tells ya!!!

Warning! Here be spoilers!!!

So I am watching Angel, right? And the relationship between Doyle and Cordelia is just to sweet and awkward for words, seeing as Doyle is a half demon and he thinks Cordelia loathes men like him, even thou she secretly lusts for him and so on.
And then comes the episode where she finally finds out, and they have a cute little reunion scene, where she tells him it doesn't matter either way "and would you ask me out for dinner already?"
And then there is this super evil half breed killing light thingy, and Doyle figures he needs to be a hero so he kisses Cordelia, and they're all smoochy and stuff, and then he jumps up on the thingamabob to unplug, and of course gets him self killed saving everyone else! What's the deal with Joss Whedon always killing all the cool characters?
I mean Cordelia is kind of cool, but she is girl so we can't kill her, and if she dies I guess Doyle stops being so interesting. And Angel is the holier than thou, broody guy, who just happens to be the main character so we can't kill him either. That only leaves Doyle I guess, but why for Pete's does anyone have to die at all?!
If you should kill anyone, why can't Angel die again? Then we can get a few cool episodes where they try to bring his holiness back, and we could have some Willow action. But noooo, he has to kill the only cool guy in the series.
Yes, I know all the fanatics will probably flame me for saying this, but Angel is an effing boring character, and I am mostly just watching the stupid show because the finacé is making me. It wouldn't even by halfway as interesting without Cordelia, who is the life of the entire show.
I will probably suffer through the rest of the series just so that I can watch Lorne and Drusilla later on.
And one more thing. Why does Joss keep recycling his characters? I mean, I get that he is sad to see them go from Buffy, and some of them are cool, but still. I mean Westley was cool in Buffy and all that, but he is not that cool that he needs to be in a 101 episodes of Angel. Not by my standards anyway. I don't know, he probably evolves (I hope) into and interesting guy.

And then of course there are the characters he just can't bring himself to killing. Like Faith. He apparently has unfinished business with Faith. Well we will just have to see what that evolves into. (She just waked up from the coma.)
Yeah, and I know there is this clause about when a Slayer dies one now one is "activated", but what if she is incapable to slay. Like for instance if she lies in a coma for 8 months, shouldn't a new one get activated? Or is evil to be allowed to reign until she wakes up?

But what do I know. I'm just your stupid audience!

And one more thing? What's the deal with killing Shepherd Book? Or Wash for that matter? Yeah I realize that were probably meant to die in the series as well, but why?
You could just as well kill Inara! Or Kaylee for that matter! But quite honestly if he killed Kaylee (or Willow for that matter) I would never have watched ANYTHING he made past or present EVER again!!!

But I think I will end this rant now, because I can feel myself rambling.
And in case you haven't noticed I get passionate about these kinds of thingsXP I can rant for hours on end. That is part of what makes me adorable I have been toldXP
Nightynight kiddiesXP

No comments: