Monday, August 10, 2009

Okey, I'm gonna be mean now. Sorry

I am soooo happy that my parents understand how to use a computer, and that I don't have to teach them!!!! If you read this mom and/or dad: Thank you for not needing me to teach you how to use your computer.

My mother in law lives almost 4 hours away by car, smack in the middle of no-where, and she has just started to learn how to use a computer. And the only one to help her understand how is me and fiancé, which we do over the phone.
There has been maybe a month since I had her on the phone yelling because the hunk of junk did not work, and there was nothing on the screen, and she had plugged everything in right, and why wasn't it working? It took me freakin' 15 minutes to get her to understand that she needed an electricity cord for the screen, and the reason the "box" was blinking and nothing showed up on the screen was because the screen had no power. *facepalm*

I just now spent just about as much time trying to explain the concept of a scroll bar. And she is kind of stubborn and need to be force fed information. *headdesk*

And the most frustrating thing about the whole ordeal is that she is by no means an unintelligent woman, she just has a hard time understanding computers. And the frustration is doubled by the fact that we don't have all the facts, because she doesn't know, and sometimes don't understand when we try to explain, how or where to get them. And trying to explain something as visual as computers over the phone is hard.

My hat of to all of you people in technical support. I seriously salute you. You do an amazing job! I could not have done what you do.

And thanks again to my parents, who already know computers and don't need me to teach you. Just one more among the gazillion reasons I love you!XD

No comments: