Thursday, October 30, 2008

Winter wonder slush (rant)

Now, I really dislike winter. In my opinion winter can appear magically on December 1st, and stay cold, white and clean for a month, and then disappear equally magically on January 2nd. But winter does not like me, so it appears magically on a random day in September/October/November/December/January, making everything nice and white and christmassy. And then the very next day it collapses in on it self and becomes slush. Wet, cold, miserable, and in the evening very slippery and icy. In southern parts of Norway, where I currently reside, winter rarely stays either. It rears it ugly head for a few days or weeks, only to disappear again. Only to show up and disappear again. And again. A good way into December/January it stays thou, and stays and stays and stays. (Shorter and shorter each year thou. That's global warming for ya...XP)
And it's cold. And I hate being cold. I really, really hate being cold. I'd much rather be too warm than be any kind of cold. I don't particularly enjoy being too warm either, but it's much, much better be too warm than cold. Oh... Warm baths and sauna. I think I will go take a warm shower now.
rant end

Word of the day:
寒い - samui - cold (e.g. weather)

No comments: