Monday, October 13, 2008

I bought a book I won't read

Sometimes there's books I just have to have, but that I know that I won't read. Like the book I bought yesterday, a three in one with Frankenstein, Dracula, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I hate being scared. I have spent a great part of my life being scared of things that aren't real, and quite frankly I do not like it at all. But it looked nice, and even thou I hate being scared, I do want to read these books at some point. They are classics after all, and I have a thing for classics, mostly children's classics, but I have read and enjoyed Kafka's the Process, Death of a Salesman, and Catcher in the Rye. I have plans to read all that Shakespeare (or maybe Kevin Bacon depending on who you are talking with) have ever written. I have a big monster of a book containing all that Edgar Allen Poe ever wrote, but there comes the fear of being frightened again, but I have read the Raven multiple times, I used to know large parts of it by heart.
And all of the OZ books, I really want to read them all, and from what I have been told the later ones really wasn't children's books at all.
I think I will save my newly bought three in one scary classics for lazy summer days. I will not read it before I go to bed. At least I will try not to=j

Word of the day:
古典 - koten - old book, classics, classic

No comments: