Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wanted

I went to see wanted with faincé tonight. I did not like it. Might have been something wrong with my expectations, seeing as I expected it to be a cool comic movie with at least a half decent plot.
I suspect I would have loved it had I expected a braindead, action movie whose plot I could care less about. Because that was what it was. The action scenes were amazing, well choreographed and entertaining. The plot was horrible. Apparently in the comic they were all supervillains, even the hero, in the movie they took their orders from a giant loom. The logic of this change eludes me.
I must admit that the lack of plotholes in such a halfassed plot impresses me, but even that can't get me to like this plot.
If you plan on seeing it, go see it for the killer gunmanship, do not expect anything but Angelina looking amazing while teaching James McAvoy how curve bullets, because that, plus exploding rats, where all that was interesting about the whole movie. It's an action movie. Think Transporter, with out all the pretty ladies (there was only one), or Shoot them up without all the carrots and gore.
I suspect that when I see it again while in an action frame of mind I will like it better, but tonight I don't. I just don't.

No comments: