Thursday, October 30, 2008

New glasses

So my dad bought me new glasses=D Beautiful pale pink creation. We went to pick them up, and they were just as uncomfortable to wear as new glasses always are, the edges of my vision being all funny. And usually this evens out in a out in a few hours, but after wearing them for two days I am still getting seasick. Yesterday I took them off and in the first 30 minutes the nausea that I had credited to my cold receded and I was able to eat. Fiancé says he thinks it's because of the strength difference in the glasses (about 0,75), and that that is screwing up my focus, and he might very well be right. It's in the middle part of my vision (as in, the part were my eyes overlap the most, about right over my nose) that is misbehaving the most. It's okey when I keep my head perfectly still, but when I move it things in the middle behave weirdly in a way I can't really explain...
So tomorrow I am taking my lovely pale pink glasses, that make me look all grown up and sophisticated, back for new lenses. And I have to live with out looking my best for another week, maybe two. But at least I won't want to throw up every time I turn my head.

Word of the day:
眼鏡 - megane/gankyou - spectacles, glasses (double reading this time, because as far as I can see this kanji has two readings that has the exact same meaning. I am guessing one is the feminine and one is masculine reading (as in, girls use one of them, and boys use the other...))

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hope they'll change the lenses degree in time, I dislike being "blind" in the world. ^^