Sunday, October 19, 2008

Max Payne

So we (me and fiance) went to see Max Payne last night.
I thought it was great, even thou I saw very early who the bad guy was. Fiance thought the movie should have had more shooting scenes, but with the story the way it was I really don't see where they should have put it. As with 99% of movies based on books and movies I think this one was made mainly for the people who haven't played the game, and so I think I got more out of it than fiance who have played it.
I think Mila Kunis did a great job, but I think they did a bad job at explaining her character. I understood that she was an assassin, but the way she always traveled in pack with 3-4 black clad fierce looking men, should could might as well have been a mafia princess, and also, the behavior of her sister Natasha builds up under this theory.
I think Mark Wahlberg at times was a little stiff, but he made a plausible performance, taking into account what happened too his character.
One thing I liked was the colours of the movie, most of the movie had a bit of a film noir feeling, it was always snowing, or sometimes raining, and the colours were made to resemble black and white, with a few exceptions, like Natasha's scarlet silk dress. But the flashback scenes where golden, a bit like in Sweeney Todd, and I think it made a very lovely effect.
The ending was very anticlimactic, you had this building tension nearing the end and it all fizzled out into nothing. Which was very unrewarding.
I am very much looking forward to the sequel, which I and fiance, and the three other guys sitting behind us were the only ones to get a little teaser of=D

Word of the day:
アクションドラマ - akushondorama - action drama

No comments: