Thursday, July 10, 2008

Travel, cold and rivals

Lets start with the rivals, shall we. At my place my Tullerusk is an indoor kitty, due to my landlord owning an outdoor doggie. He lives in a big cage at the end of the backyard. I have an agreement that I can have Rusket out on a leash when the dog is not out in his cage. I have spent the day with my Grandma today and have thus been away since eleven, while Rusket have been a very good kitty spending the entire time home alone. So when I come home and the doggiecage is vacant I treat Rusket to a few hours in the big out doors. She has been out from three hours when I hear cats hissing and Rusket scrambling get inside. So I get up to see if the dog is on it's way out, but when I get to the door (which is open, in case she wants to go in, and so that I can hear when she gets stuck, which she does frequently) Rusket is standing all submissive at the bottom of the stairs, with this huge black cat at the top of the stairs. And when I say huge I mean enormous. Now Rusket is a fairly large cat with fairly long fur, now this cat looked twice as big as Rusket, with looong well groomed fur. A beauty actually, and Rusket was trespassing on his or her turf, and she knew it. So I took her inside of course, and now she's all hot to get out again. I suspect she wants to make this her turf.^.~

Now to the travel. I got home from Barcelona last Wednesday, and of course got a great big cold the moment I get back. I guess laying in the breeze from an air condition is a bad idea^^,
Anyway, the trip was great. The concert was amazing. It was hot and I almost fainted, but I had a great time. I spent most of the time sitting on the floor fanning myself, but great music can be experienced just as well sitting as jumping.^^,
The city was great too. We spent 5 days there if you count the day we spent sitting and line in the blazing sun^^, We lived in this cute little apartment, with a sundeck and everything. I was so spent in the evening that I drop down really early every night, and thus I woke up much earlier that everybody else every morning. I spent those mornings on that sundeck, reading and drinking tea and enjoying myself.
We went to see Sagrada de Familia cathedral. It's was a construction cite, turns out that even though they started building it in 1826 it still it's still only about 50% finished. I hope I can go back some day when it's done, if it gets done in my lifetime. It's was beautiful.
We also went to this park, where they had this huge, life sized replica of a mammoth. E dubbed it Manfred, after the mammoth in Ice Age. Very fitting name.
The street next to the one where we lived was called La Rambla. It had a huge sidewalk in the middle with street salesmen all the way up and down it. They were sorta parted up in categories, with art in one end, going to restaurants, "statuepeople", flower shops, and pet stores in the other end. I am not kidding you, they sold live little critters right there on the street. Birds, fish, bunnies, chipmunks (I think), hamsters ferrets, and probably some I have forgotten. The ferret babies where so cute, I really wanted a few to take home with me, but I really do not think my "Queen" would enjoy ferret underlings XP
The "statuepeople" work differently in Spain than in Norway. For those now confused, "statuepeople" is the name I use for the people who stand in shopping streets or crowded places, absolutely still, usually on top of boxes. In Oslo when you put money on them (or rather, in the jars or boxes in front of them they move, wave of does a little trick or something. Not so in Spain. We went past this really cool girl dressed in sodabottles, and I thought she looked all spaced out, so I put some money on her, and then stared to walk away. But then she asked if I wasn't going to take a picture, and then I realized I got to take my picture with her^^, Sooo much fun^^,

So... I had a great time. It's 10 past midnight now. I think I should go to bed... I am going to visit V tomorrow, we're going to have so much fun^^,

Words of the day:
teki - enemy, rival
byounin - patient, sick person

No comments: