Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dell is a wonderful company. Period ^^,

A bit over two years ago I bought my laptop from Dell through the fiancé's company. Some time around may I got worried 'cos it was very noisy and it seemed to be literally falling apart. I held of calling support for the longest time (upwards of six months at least), not wanting to send it of for repair. When I finally called them I met a very nice man, who sent (!) another very nice man home (!!) to me with a brand new fan, and a brand new DVD player and new screws to fix it. I was so happy, my baby was fine again.
Well, for the last couple of weeks there has been something wrong with the crocodile key (the one that makes these: < >), and for over a year there has been colour errors on my screen. So I called them again today, to inquire very nicely if maybe someone could come fix the broken heap. Which somebody will. Tomorrow. I love these people. They are so nice, and so polite, and I love them. Wonderful, wonderful company. I can't wait to be able to write again (I'm on the fiancé's laptop at the moment).

When we are talking about nice people, I called ups earlier to clear up some import tax problems. You see, the stupid people at cafepress have decided that books should be marked with the same label as everything else they send out. Ceramics etc. Which makes the customs people think that we are importing ceramics etc. instead of books. Now, in Norway, importing books are free, everything else aren't. So of course we got slammed with a huge import tax bill that we did not care to pay. So I called them up and met a very nice lady who laid all the blame on carepress and told me we would not have to pay anything, she even took away the late charges. She was extremely nice, which was great because I sometimes have a hard time calling for stuff like this, and people like her and the man at Dell makes it much easier for me^^,

I just got to show you some videos now. Or mashups to be exact. There is this Norwegian dude on the tube that has understood that when mashups ar concerned less is certainly more. He has made two wonderful Bertine Zetlitz/Kraftwerk mashups that I just have to share:




I like the first one best. But they are both wonderful^^,

Word of the day:
素晴らしい - subarashii - wonderful, magnificent, splendid

No comments: