Saturday, July 19, 2008

Midnight premiere

Me and the fiancé went on the midnight premiere of Hancock last night. We were walking around Oslo last night, and wanted to do something fun, and since none of us wanted to go get hammered we decided to check what they were showing on the big screen. And there was the midnight premiere of Hancock, a movie which we have both wanted to see. It was a great movie, but it kinda fell apart in hindsight. Some things just didn't make sense when we thought back at it. Not too surprising thou, it has apparently been in development hell for the last ten years. But I really enjoyed it, I thought it was a very entertaining movie. My heart broke for Will Smith's character many times, and I have been convinced yet again that he is an amazing actor.

I went bananas in the CD store yesterday. I got vacation money from my gramps, and decided to go in and check for one CD I have wanted for ages. They were having a campaign, so I came out with 5. XP It felt good buying music again. Music is soulfood, and I need new soulfood from time to time. I bought the new albums of three artists/bands that I love; Bertine Zetlitz, Kaizers Orchestra, and Lumsk. These all came out at least 8 months ago, the Lumsk album more than a year, and I have wanted them since they were released. Now I have them, at reduced price even^^, Life is good today^^,
I also bought Liv Kristine's album Enter My Religion, which was sorted as hard rock. This puzzled me, 'cos it does not look it at all, but I took it to the counter to listen to it, and it was beautiful music. It was not hard rock at all, I dubbed it hard pop and the fiancé calls it poprock, either way it didn't belong in the hard rock category. But I loved it, and the lyrics were great, so I had to have it.
Lastly I bought the Juno soundtrack. I loved the movie, and I love the music in the movie, and it was at campaign price, and I wanted it, and it's my money, so there XP
I haven't listened to all of them yet, so I don't how I feel about them yet. I am listening to the remix disk of Bertine's best of album right now, and even thou it's very fine music, a the songs sound a little... off. But I think I like it, not really sure yet.

Still not a fan of Becoming Madame Mao, it's not really getting better. I'm about halfway through, and I don't like her. She was partly likeable at the beginning of the book, but she is more and more showing her true colours as a powerhungry bitch (excuse the language), and I generally like the main characters in the books I read to at least have some redeeming features. This woman just simply haven't any. And I am more and more annoyed by the details the author could have no knowledge of. Conversations behind closed doors, feelings, things she says "will later be denied". Some of the things she can have dug up proof about, but she describes how Madame Mao's first husband liked to be treated in bed for crying out loud(!), she can't possibly have found records of that. I realize she has probably made these things up to better the flow of the book, but for me it has the exact opposite effect. I have decided to just finish it, maybe have an end rant, and then never think about it again. And I don't think I will ever recommend it anybody, except maybe people writing biographies, as a "how not to do it" example. A little harsh maybe, but I really don't like it.

Words of the day:
映画 - eiga - movie film
廉売 - renbai - bargain sale

No comments: