Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Saving the birdie

This wittle creature sat under my stairs when I was going out this morning. She was terrified, poor thing. (I have decided it was a she, so there XP) I was kinda in a hurry and she was flying around on the floor, plus what I presume was her mother was hopping around above the stairs, so I thought it best to leave her be.
When I came home she hadn't managed to get up thou, so I tried to get her to sit on my dustpan, but she was so frightened she just flew off. I was afraid of touching her, in case my scent would rub off on her and her mother would reject her, so I took a pair of socks on my hands and caught her. I carried her gently out on the lawn a good way away from the stairs lest she should fall down again. She was terrified, I had to cage her with my hands, 'cos when I didn't have a hand over her she just hopped down, and she was screaming, the poor thing.
I hope she made it okey, and that her mother still wants her. If she keeps falling down I might have to contact someone to come take her somewhere where she can be safe and grow up. I don't know if they have places like that in Norway, but it's worth a try.
She needs a name thou. She looks like a Marie, don't you think? Really a pretty little thing=D If anyone knows what kind of bird she is, I would love to hear it=D

Word of the day:
小鳥 - kotori - small bird

(I have decided to include Kanji in the word of the day, or kana if no Kanji is available)

No comments: