Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I (still) loathe Acer

You know how last time my 'puter broke it took over 3 months for them to fix it?
And when I got it back it was still broken, and I had to actually crack windows to have a working computer?
And then the on/off button broke almost at once when I got it back?
I can't remember if I wrote about it, but the on/off button magically started working again, after I had had the 'puter off for a long time. But then it really broke on me while I was in Finland, so I eventually had to send it in.
It's been about a month and a half, and all my midterm papers are do in a couple of weeks, so I really needed it back.
So I sent Datakjeden a mail on friday, telling them about the papers, and that if they thought it would take long, and if it would, could I please have a loan 'puter, so that I would have something to write my midterms on?

It really wouldn't be a problem me to use the computerhalls at school and use Boyfriend's 'puter when at home, but then I would have to send the drafts to myself by mail everytime I moved, 'cos most of the school computers haven't got USB slots.

Aaaanywho, I sent them that mail.
And then around 10 on monday I got an answer saying "yeah, it's been a month since we sent it to Acer, and that is honestly way to long. I'm gonna go send Acer a mail asking them how long it's gonna take."
At around 13 I got a new mail saying that it was lying in a shelf over at Acer's and that they would get to it right away.
Then, early yesterday morning (tuesday) I get a new mail, saying that my computer was fixed the day before. Which would be monday, which would be the same day that Datakjeden told them to get a move on.

Double-U, tee, EFF!!!
It takes them a MONTH!!! to even start my computer, and then it take them maybe a couple of hours, tops, to actually FIX the damned paperweight?!?!
How crappy is that?
I mean, seriously? If it takes that little amount of time, how come they haven't done it faster?
I effing loathe Acer. With a passion!

So I am gonna say it yet again (probably not the last time), DO! NOT! BUY! ACER!!!
The machine is a dream. It is powerful, the screen has gorgeous colours, the batterylife is amazing.
But when it breaks, you can't expect for it be fixed in a timely manner AT ALL!
I am taking bets on how many parts I get back in this time, and will it, or will it not, actually work?

I am expecting it back probably the beginning of next week.
I am looking forward to it. I am gonna play some more Sims 3 and Boyfriend is gonna play Starcraft, and I am gonna download all the Spanishpod PDFs.
And I am gonna actually watch movies, and Dr.Who, and rewatch Dark Angel and Gilmore Girls, and Firefly, and Glee.
I will be able to talk to people while I am bored at the studyhall, and get addicted to Facebook games again, and watch youtube videos, and write blogposts, and what-not.
And if I have the self disiplin I will actually write the essays.XP
I hope it shows up soon. I really do!

No comments: