Friday, September 10, 2010

End of an era

The end of the era of Facebook game addiction might very well be ending.
I have not logged on for days. The OCD about having unlocked every single Restaurant City recipy died today.
The thing, you see, is that right now they have some very special "champion" recipies, which to be able to unlock you have to have 7 (I think) other recipies at level 10. And to do this you ofcourse have to have all the ingredients. And one of these ingredients you have to find in your friends restaurants, and then post on their walls (!) so that they will click them and we would both get the ingredient.
So I added a lot of temp-friends (special temporary friends that I do not know that I only add to get things in games) to find lots of these sodas (which was the ingredient).
The thing is the chance of finding them is next to zero. And I am kind of past the point where I feel comfortable with having hundreds of these temp friends. And the few I had almost never found any sodas in my restaurant, nor me in their restaurants.
So, since the unlocking ran out today, that would mean that I would have to buy these sodas (and whatever other ingredients I was missing) with real money(!).
And I have spent real money on virtual crap two times in my entire life, and it's just pieces of code on a server on some unknown location. If that servers crashes or the game goes out of commision, the money would be lost.
So, no. I'd rather stop playing alltogether.

In other news, I am totally swamped at the moment.
What with two essays to write (with one more coming soon), and innumerable chapters I am behind on, and finishing the wedding present, that still isn't done.
I feel like I will never be done. I might never be XP

No comments: