Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wonderful wedding smiles

I just came home from my cousin's wedding.
I had so much fun.
I ate (and drank) a lot^^,
We had thinly sliced Italian ham and asaparagus as an apetizer, and reindeer with bacon and greens for the main dish, and a chocolatetrio for desert. The chocolatetrio was a heavenly cake with an almond bottom, a heavy mocca chocolate pudding/mousse thing above that, a firm milk chocolate mousse above that, and a light, creamy whitechocolate mousse on top. I had two of those^^,
My oldest cousin doesn't eat sweets you see, so I got to eat his as well^^,
Or rather I ate almost all of mine, and the top two layers of his, but then I had to go visit the secret, and by the time I got back it had been cleared away^^,

There were a lot of great speeches, and a lot of inside jokes, which were, sadly, lost on said oldest cousin, who hasn't grown up with us, and who live a all around the world these days.
But he took time out of his very busy schedule to come to the wedding, and the bride-cousin was thrilled. As were we all really.

I danced. A lot! I never used to dance before, but lately I have discovered it's really fun^^, It's all about relaxing really, and where better to relaxe than with your friends and family right?^^,
The funnest dance of them all was of course when they put on Fairytale. You know, the song that wun the Eurovision contest last year, which caused the Eurovision contest to be held in Oslo this year.^^,
It's very inspired by Norwegian folk-music, and over half of the ladies wore our bunads, which are our national-dresses. Of course. It's the nicest attire we own. Only taken out for special occasions, like weddings, confimations, christenings, and of course 17th of May. Our national day.
I have a east-Telemark one.
You aren't really supposed to have a bunad from a place if you don't hail from there, and I have gotten some stress about that. Until I tell them that it was my grandparents who made it, then it's okey. I will have to post a picture at some point. It's an maginificent piece of artisan craft. It is made of a very heavy (and hot) wool material (which isn't prickly, thankfully), with really pretty embroidered hem all around the bottom. It has a apron, also with an embroidered hem all around. At the waist it has a wide, plaited belt, and the chest and back are covered with embroidery. All done by my grandmother.
It comes, of course, with a shirt. It has cross stiched areas on the chest, collar and cuffs. The stiches are tiny, on regular fabric, not aida. Really gorgeous work. My grandfather made the shirt, or rather he made the cross stiched areas. He was so sad when he had to stop, but age, sadly got the better of him, so he had to.

I am sorta drunk, so I think I am gonna stop rambling now^^,
I had an amazing time anyway=D=D

No comments: