Sunday, January 17, 2010

Need new laptop, must make hard decision

So, I need a new laptop for school. Because my Dell has become stationary and my Tablet is broken, and wasn't really good for school use in the first place.
Problem is, I have no idea what to get.
The MacBook Pro 13" looks awesome, and has the great plus of an aluminium case, which makes it hard for me to break. But boyfriend is really very opposed (I don't really get why thou, his main argument is the price, but really I think it's mostly because he wants one too, and is a little jealous XP).
Then there is this Dell one I have been looking at, which actually amounts to more money than the MacBook.
And then boyfriend wants me to check Lenovo, which I suppose I should. But in the end it's all too technical for me, I don't really understand any of it.
What I get is, I want at least 4GB of RAM, and at least 250GB Hard Drive, I want an integrated webcam, no larger than a 14" screen (because I need to fit the damn thing in my backpack, or I have to spend even more money buying on of those too, and I really like my backpack. It's pink with Hello Kitty on it), it needs to be able to run 3D games, like Sims 3, and it of course needs to have WiFi, and as long battery life a possible, an absolute minimum of 4 hours, so that it will last me an entire school day.
And now I have to go out and find a model with all this at a price I am willing to pay, and then I have to go read reviews. And it's confusing, and boring, and I'm almost at a point where I will go into a computer shop and buy the fist damn thing I see.
Blah!

No comments: