Saturday, February 28, 2009

Travel nerves

I am leaving for Berlin tomorrow.
Now I am not really a travel person. I suffer from a slight agoraphobia, and really don't really like being at places I haven't been before. It gets better the longer I stay at the unknown place, and the better I get to know it thou. Plus I don't really like flying. So I have quite a bit of travel nerves as I am sure you can imagine.

Anywho, this means that the blog will be vacant until Thursday. It also means that I will get to see the last remnants of the Berlin wall (which I am writing a paper on after the tripXD).
I plan to take lots of pictures, and I will hopefully find the Neverending Story in German. I really enjoy reading books in their original language.

At the moment I am reading a biography of Hitler. I really enjoy reading biographies. Especially about great, and gruesome, persons in history, like Hitler or Mao. I think that reading about people like that, helps us understand the reason why things happened the way it did. I believe that the best way to avoid repeating it. I will someday read a biography of Bush for this same reason. Preferably some time after he is dead, because then the biographies are more objective. (I do however wish him a long and happy retirement, I just want him to have it far away from politics.)

So wish me a good trip and a safe flight. And please hope that I will not miss the plane back, which is my biggest source of anxiety when I travel. I really fear being stuck in some foreign country. So hope for a good trip, and coming home safe^^,

Word of the day:
恐怖症 - kyoufushou - morbid fear, phobia

1 comment:

Hanne said...

God tur Tinkerbell!
Det vil bli en flott opplevelse!
Klem ((( )))