Friday, February 6, 2009

First dag of Japanese Class

So it was my first day of the new Japanese class yesterday. Level 5 now peepsXD
I LOVE Japanese^^, It was so much fun, and the people remembered me. (I was in this class last fall of 07, but then I took a brake to focus on exams.)
I'm a little behind, but I will catch up in no time, seeing as it's only a chapter and a half. Easy-peasy^^,
There were a lot of new students, and two of them speak very little Norwegian, and the poor teacher speaks almost no English. Poor thing, she struggled along thou, trying her best. She is the sweetest little Japanese woman.^^, She was really upset thou, 'cos we use Genki, that being one of the best books on the market. Just that FU Oslo, which runs the class, wants us to use Japanese for Young People. Which quite honestly is crap. So FU Oslo sends mail to everyone to tell us that we need to buy JfYP 2 and 3, text and workbook. Even thou Reiko (the teacher) sends text messages to everyone telling them to wait to buy the books, some of the students went ahead and bought them anyway. Reiko was so upset, they had to try and exchange them, and she kept apologizing. Poor thing=j

We are repeating quoting and guessing at the moment, which I have actually learned myself already, so I'm covered for the moment. I think I will be up to speed in about two weeks, give or take.^^,

We've had a week off in math. Our math teacher has taken pappaperm, which translates roughly to daddy-leave. It's maternal leave for men. You get a child, and then you get 6 weeks off basically, to take care of your little infant bundle of love^^,
So we get a sub for the 6 weeks he's on leave, just that this first week there wasn't any available subs, so we got to work at home. I better get around to doing thatXD

As a sidenote, I'm halfway through New Moon, the sequel to Twilight, and it's depressing and weird. But I'm almost done, so I am forcing myself through^^, Her narrative skills are painfully slowly improving thou. Some of the things in the book just does not make any sense. If they don't by the end of the book, await rantsXD

Word of the day:
学生 - gakusei - student

No comments: