Tuesday, September 29, 2009

UP

We saw UP yesterday. In 3D.
And for those of you not inclined to read my reviews I'm gonna start of with a youtube version of the premovie. The latest short film from Pixar.
I present to you Partly Cloudy=D



I seriously think all the "bad" babies are much cuter than all the good babies. I mean, look at that porcupine!!!=D=D


Now to the review.
I cried. No movie has ever made me cry. Ever. It wasn't hulking, but there was certainly at least on tear rolling down my cheek at the start sequence.
It was the sweetest movie I have seen in positively years. If I have ever seen something so heartfelt and fragile that manages to be funny at the same time, ever.
Most often with these movies it's the side characters, the ones that just is there, but doesn't have that much influence on the movie or the plot, that saves them from being sappy and dreary.
With UP that was not the case.
Carl, the main character, was one of the sweetest old men you can think of, complete with the grouchiness and the sad past and the sweet and sappy core that makes him instantly loveable. The kind of man that just annoys you, until you get to know him and why he is that way.
Russel, the little side-kick boy was also believable, and absolutely lovable.
As I mentioned I saw it in 3D, which I have never done before. And it was awesome.
And Pixar do make beautiful movies. And this one really was.
When the light streamed through the balloons, and all those vibrant colours, I just... oh....

Moral is: Has to be seen. In 3D if possible.
Trailer time=D

No comments: