Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have been proven wrong

Up until now, every single anime I have ever watched has been full of shrieks and super duper shrill voices. I'll probably never get why the Japanese think that ear-splittingly shrill voices are cute, to me all they mean is that if I don't turn it off immediately I get a migraine.
This has held true to all anime I have ever bothered to watch. Some very few are bearable to watch (these include Pokémon, Digimon, and Bottle Fairies), most I simply can't stand.
This has forced me to swear off just about all anime, not even bothering to try.
However today I sampled Michiko to Hachin, just because it was there, and I needed to practise my listening skills. The conversation turned out to be too complex for me, but the anime was simply awesome.
There were no shrieks and no super-duper-ultra-happy-kawaii voices. They all sounded like normal people, and the story line is tragic enough to be interesting, even thou it thus far seems a bit cliché.
I have thus far watched 1 and a half episode, and I am pretty sure I will make it through all 22.

So if you are tired of cutesy, noisy anime, and would like something calmer, more realistic, and more adult, I really recommend sampling this one^^,

No comments: