Thursday, September 3, 2009

All new art will go here

I am leaving DeviantArt.
I have been using DA for over 3 years and lately the site has lost all my trust. They have added share buttons, and due to the TOS (terms of agreement) the sites the share buttons belong to have, I don't want them.
And not only will they not remove them, they are being very childing about it. Calling us who want them to be optional all sorts of thing, including childish, paranoid, narrow minded etc.
They keep telling us that removing them will only hurt ourselves, but if it was that way why won't they give us the option to choose for our selves? I believe that they way they see it, if we get to choose not have our art linked to on sites like FaceBook and Reddit, they will loose the free PR it is for their site, and that is why they are taking away our control.
So I am leaving DeviantArt.

I don't really want to start in a new art society, just to have this happen to me again in three years.
So fom now on, this blog will be my art site. All my new art (I won't backlog) will be posted here. Can't guarantee it will be often or at all, but that is the way I will do it from now on.
My poetry won't go here thou. I will make a new blog for that=j

And while we are on the subject of art: I have bought colouring books today^^, And coloured pencils.
I have decided that I enjoy colouring more than actually drawing. I like colours, and I am actually good at that. It's the outlines and proportions and such that I suck atXP
So there might be some showing off of my (hopefully) awesome colouring skillsXP

And just BTW, I will still be keeping all of my DA accounts. (Partially 'cos DA doesn't allow you to delete your actual accounts.) So commenting and faving of other people's art will still occur=D

No comments: