Friday, January 16, 2009

Japanese RnB



Japanese RnB O.o Who would have thunk it? I did not know such a thing existed.
Now, I don't really like RnB, but this song has a gorgeously minimalistic, sleek sound, and I was sold during the first few beats.
Apparently this beautiful, talented little thing has a really tragic story. From what I gather she originally had a duo act with her sister Sachiko, and they seem to have done well. But then her sister died of a brain hemorrhage in the late nineties. Takako (which is her real name) kept on performing, and adopted the name the duo had used for her own.

This song I've provided you with the video of is my favorite among her songs thus far.

I'm just now realizing how little I really know about Japanese music. How on earth could I not realize that there is such a thing as Japanese RnB? Oh well... Now I'll go see what other Japanese genres I'm missing out on^^,

Word of the day:
脳内出血 - nounaishukketsu - brain hemorrhage, brain haemorrhage



Edit:
Their debut single:

No comments: