Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nortec Collective

Fiancé is so nice^^, I have had a pretty craptastic day, so he took me to see the opening concert for Oslo World Music Festival. The Nortec Collective was playing. After about 30-45 boring minutes of Åse Kleveland saying the same things over and over the concert started.
Nortec Collective had grasped something that most other bands have not. Visuals can make music better. Not that the music wouldn't be just as good on it's own, but they had a great big screen behind the stage showing different video clips. Most of them were from Tijuana, which is where the band comes from, and for me that don't dance it was nice having something interesting to look at. Now, I love to look at people dancing, and there was this girl dancing right in front of me waving her tush in my face (I was sitting), which was very nice to look at, but even that gets old after a while, and then the video clips were nice to have.
The music itself was awesome, a mix of norteño and techno. If you want a listen just click the post title and it will take you straight to their myspace site. The band were awesome on stage, you could tell that they really loved playing live, they were jumping and smiling and having a great time. For me it's kind of important that people perform love every minute of it. Dancers dragging their bodies around, or singers or actors that look bored out of their minds make my soul hurt. I would give so much to be there on that stage with them, and when they look bored or as if they don't enjoy themselves it's an insult to everyone who would kill to be on that stage. But I am digressing. The audience was great too, dancing and jumping and loving every minute of the concert. They literally screamed for more when the band started to go off stage, and they played three encores.

No comments: