Thursday, November 26, 2009

Whip It, and Fantastic Mr. Fox

So I saw Whip It and Fantastic Mr. Fox yesterday^^,

Whip it was the movie about 17 year old Bliss who discovers a passion for Roller Derby.
It had such excelent actors as Ellen Page (from Juno), Drew Barrymore and Juliette Lewis.
Ellen Page made yet another fabulous performance.
It was a very fun, feelgood type of movie.
I like corporate independent movies actually. They are very similar to regular independent movies, but they have a bigger budget, so they are able to do more things with them. Which can have very good results indeed^^,



I also saw Fantastic Mr. Fox, which is an animated movie based on the Roald Dahl book by the same name^^,
It was directed (by e-mail, from France) by Wes Anderson, and he insisted that everything, all the animation and such, be done without computers. Which the animators weren't too happy about. But the result was brilliant.
If you watched Fireman Sam when you were little (or had children that did), then you probably remember the pretty flames they had. They were like that in this movie.
And all the dolls were covered with real fur, which is hard to work with, but it looked amazing=D
The story wasn't any great genius, I had the disctinct feeling the movie would never end. They could have made shorter that 87 minutes. But it was very cute. And I could lose myself in the animation, so it wasn't that bad.
I think I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so tired as well. I had been working for 6 hours, which I am still not used to, and I had already seen one movie that day.
All in all it was pretty good^^, And I good childrens movie I think. Even thou it was slightly violent at times.

No comments: