Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Life of Brian

So I saw Life of Brian yesterday^^, For the first time=D
Terry Jones was there, and he got interviewed for half an hour before the movie. Which was kind of cool, and kind of boring. But he was funny most of the time, so it was okey^^,
In Norway life of Brian was actually banned for blasphemy, and they showed us the old tape from the eigthies fromwhen the ban was lifted, and it had this public message before the movie started that stated things like:
"It was not Monty Python's intention that Brian be similar to Jesus, and Monty Python did not mean to be blasphemous, and crusifiction was a common method of punishment during the Roman empire, and rebels like Brian would have been crusified."
It was simply hilarious. If it is possible to get a hold of a DVD version, with that message as extramaterial, I want that^^,
Terry talked about how the movie was banned was such good publicity for Monty Python, and he told us, that out of the 4 movies that has been banned in Ireland, he had made 3 of them. Which was kind of funny^^,

After the movie, there was a book signing of his book "the Barbarians". I could't afford to buy one (they cost 350 krownes, which is almost 65 USD), but S had two, and I took a picture of them together^^, And when he was signing S's book, S went "we have weird names here in Norway", and I went "I don't, my name is Elisabeth, that is universal", and then Terry Jones laughed, which was cool^^,
He was really very nice^^,

I'm gonna have to see "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" now. I have seen "the Meaning of Life" a couple of times when I was a kid. My dad had a VHS of it stuffed at the back of the VHS's (not a fan of Monty Python) and I used to watch it from time to time^^,

Fun times=D=D

No comments: