Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ms. Autumn =/= Miyavi

I am sorry, I know Emilie Autumn and Miyavi appeal to a lot of the same demographic, now shying away from the "emo" label and calling themselves scene-kids, but they are not related.
I can't really see the connection to Rasputina either (to ms. Autumn that is). (It's actually closer to Imogen Heap Maybe? Maybe not? Hmmmm)
I realize that these bands are of a class by themselves, way off the side of any genre I can think of, but appealing to scene-kids and lolitas are a bad excuse for telling impressionable youth who doesn't know better that they are related.
That would be like relating Beetles to Nick Cave just because they both make morbid sh*t. Or Miranda Lambert to God Module due to they both being awesome.

That being said: Wooooo For Miyavi on Spotify!!!!

No comments: