Friday, March 6, 2009

Grey Berlin

So I got home from Berlin on Wednesday. And I must say, it's a gray, dull city.
Now I have been to some really cool places during the last couple of years, like London, Rome, Barcelona and so on, and came out of all those places with a much better impression than of Berlin.
I hear great things about the Berlin nightlife, and a few of my classmates spent every night out, but after walking between 15 and 18 thousand steps a day, I was in no shape to party...=j
In most of the cities I've been to they have exiting buildings and things to see as you walk down the street, Berlin didn't. We did spend most of our time in the east thou, so that might have been a contributing factor to the overwhelming sense of conformity. All of the buildings looked almost the same. Tall slabs of cement with windows most of the time. Sometimes painted in bright garish colours. And do to walking so much, I never got much out of the few museums we visited, 'cos I was so tired all the time.
I did some shopping thou, bought 5 books. Die unendliche Geschichte (The neverending story), the Tintenherz triology (Inkheart), and a book I have never heard of called Faunblut (Faun's blood).
I have started a tad on the first, and I get it quite easily. Possibly because I have read it a bunch times in Norwegian. Faunblut however, was a tad advanced for me, but I am hoping it will be easier by the time I am finished with the first 4^^,
I also bought two cute tops, and new sailor shoes. Pink plaid^^,
All in all it was a okey trip, but I doubt I will be going back=j

Word of the day:
詰らない - tsumaranai - dull, uninteresting, boring, insignificant, trifling

No comments: