Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Walking day

Been to Oslo with my friend D today. We had a great day, walking all around and windowshopping (mostly>.<). He just sent me a SMS telling me he has major blisters on both his heels.>.<

One of the books I bought is a Japanese book called Chain Mail. I'm a bit worried it might be horror, but I read the back and it seems cute. But then again, Japanese things that seem nice sometimes just aren't. I have gone through my bookcase and updated the "books I need to read list", and it's loooong. I stacked all the books on top of each other, and it became a really, really tall pile. Since I couldn't find my tape measure I measured with myself, and it's as long as my freakin' arm, from the top of my shoulder to the tip of my fingers. O.o
30 books (and manga). That's a lot... 10 of the books are books I started, but never finished, and one is a reread (a study about Geisha, so that I can rewrite the crappy Norwegian wikipedia entry about Geisha). I have not included sequels, I can add them when I finish the first ones. Also there are some that I have borrowed from friends that are missing, I will add them when the list gets a little shorter. The list on the side is abbreviated thou, I have chosen to only show the first ten (it's alphabetical), so that the list won't take up the whole page...

I think I will decide right now to get this list down to under 15 before I buy any new books. I will allow myself to borrow new books at the library, but not from friends. I will allow myself to buy some selected manga titles, and no new series at all. I think this is a good goal, and one that will save me lots and lots of cash>.<

I have started packing for Barcelona. That is I am in the process of washing the clothes I will bring to Barcelona, and I fold and pack them as they get dry. Well, anywho, Tullerusk loves suitcases. She loves them so much, she almost got herself an unwanted trip by plain to Trondheim once. You see; my mother has a friends in Trondheim, and she was going home. It was just luck that we discovered she had shimmied into the suitcase and snuggled into the clothes before she closed properly and left.>.< So what you thinks she does the minute I start packing? She places herself neatly in the middle of the big red suitcase I borrowed from my mom, right on top of all my clothes, and refuses to get out. Ain't she cute? I love my cat^^,

Word of the day:
hon - book

1 comment:

Hanne said...

Good books, packing for a trip, spending day with a friend, being amused by the furball - sounds like a great day to me :-)