Thursday, July 16, 2009

The return of Ai Kago

Now, I don't usually give an horse's **** about the personal life of any star, or the inner workings of any group, causing me rather often to miss the release date of new albums and causing me to miss Kaizers Orchestra's new album entirely (it was only available for a week. Stupid band)
Anywho, I suddenly got an impulse to read the Wikipedia entry of Miss Ai Kago, who is formerly one half of the J-pop group W, and I discovered that she has released a solo single under a month ago.


I actually really liked it. She was cute and all when she was in W, but eventually you grow tired of candyfloss, and I love her new grown up look and sound.
She looks like she has gotten through her troubles very well, and even thou it has been rough going for her she seems to be doing well now and that is so nice=D=D (she was kicked out of Hello! project for smoking and being involved with an older man, which I find weird, seeing as the age of sexual consent in Japan is somewhere between 13 and 18 depending on where you reside, I think is was the fact that he was older then her, even thou she was 18, and the legal, at the time)
I also discovered that she has written book, which I will have to buy when I am in Japan=D

I think it's nice that she has gotten her career up and running again, because she actually has talent, and not all the Hello! project girls do.

I do however understand fully her need to rebel, she has been a star, under close watch and curfew since she was admitted into Hello! project at the age of twelwe. She has never had freedom over her life, and the Japanese media is insane, picking on every little thing and digging through pasts over a low threshold. I would go perfectly insane.
You think the Disney girls has it hard? If pictures like the ones of Miley Cyrus would be leaked, not only would their career be destroyed entirely, their entire lives would be ruined and they would be totally shunned. So I understand her. Poor girl...

No comments: