Monday, December 15, 2008

Almost Christmas^^,

9 days left for Christmas Eve. I open my Advent Calendar everyday, and I get lots of cute things. on the 10th I got Grease on DVD, and I have gotten socks and lots of candy. Me and fiancé send almost as much money on Advent Calendars for each other as we spend on the Christmas gifts^^,
I am almost done with all my gifts, I have only Dad's and V's gifts left. Everyone else I am done with, I have even gotten a gift for my cousin's new born daughter. I need to get them all wrapped thou, since I haven't gotten around to that yet^^,
Only this week left of school. Three more days, plus Friday when all the music students give a little concert. I and fiancé got a weekend trip for Copenhagen from my parents for Christmas, so we are leaving on Friday and returning on Monday. We are spending on night in a hotel, I have never been in a hotel with fiancé before, and I am really looking forward to it^^,

In other news i have read some books that I haven't told you all about yet. First off I have read "Kitty takes a holiday" and "Kitty and the Silver Bullet" both by Carrie Vaughn.
I loved them, they are the two latest novels in the Kitty Norville series, about the werewolf Kitty Norville and her radio show dealing with the supernatural. The story progresses great, many authors who write long running fantastical series is that the stories doesn't really progress in a believable manner, but the Kitty books, things move on in a really believable way.

And then I read Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, which is about Meggie and her father who can read characters out of books, and all the trouble that follows. I absolutely loved this book, and I can't wait to read the rest of the triology. Cornelia is a really great storyteller, and I could really relate to desire to be able to read things out of books, but after reading this one I don't really want it all that bad anymoreXP
This is mainly a book for a little younger people than me, but I really recommend it for book lovers of all ages anyway. One should never be too old to enjoy good stories^^, Especially not too old to enjoy one who is so well told as this one^^,

At the moment I am reading Dead until dark by Charlaine Harris, the series Trueblood is based on. I will write about it as soon as I am finished^^,

Word of the day:
メリークリスマス - merīkurisumasu - Merry Christmas

No comments: